Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Make A Wish


Standing out at the bus stop today with my daughter, waiting for the bus once again. My daughter picks a dandelion and just like our mommas told us, I tell her to blow it and make a wish. She looks at me with a sad face and tells me my wishes never come true.

Ok I have to admit that one made me feel a little sad myself, here my daughter is making wishes yet none of them are coming true. So I ask her honey what are you wishing for. She tells me well I wished I could go to Dragon Land (from the cartoon Dragon Tails), then she says I also wish I could see a unicorn, and then the last wish she’s wished for is that I would never run out of money.  My little girl is wishing for things that will never come true. Dragon Land doesn’t exist, she’s never going to see a unicorn aside from cartoons, and well shit I’m never going to have an unlimited supply of money. That is unless we win the lottery.
I sent my daughter off to school with a smile on my face. The innocents of our children, they are only little for a short time. They may drive us nuts but it’s the little things like this that make it all worth this wild journey called parenthood

No comments:

Post a Comment