Thursday, August 30, 2012

2nd grade and it's already an issue

Oh how I wish I had a kid that loved to go to school. The fight with him every day about getting dressed and eating breakfast just so he can make it to school on time is one battle. But the battle of him not wanting to go to school has left me in tears many mornings screaming, yelling and threatening to take his favorite things away. I swear one day he will learn to like to go to school. I tell him it’s his job to go to school and learn but he doesn't like that. I don’t know what to do to make him like school or want to go to school but I can tell ya one thing "He is going to school, come hell or high water he will have his ass there!"
Top ten excuses Landon uses to say he can’t go to school.
10. His legs hurt
9. His knees hurt
8. His back hurt
7. He has a fever
6. His neck hurts
5. His bum bum hurts (from falling skating)
4. Its boring and school is like a half hour long (really a half hour more like 7 hours LOL)
3. His arm hurts
2. He can’t get up.
And the excuse I hear almost every day is…..
1. I have a belly ache and no mom I don’t need to poop.
Do you have a child like this or is my child the only one? I know we all pulled this but I just think it's a little too soon for my 2nd grader.

No comments:

Post a Comment