Monday, October 22, 2012

What day is it?

Every day seems the same. I'm being shouted at for food from one of my children, I've found a pile of dog poop, I'm cleaning the same things I've cleaned the day before only to turn around and clean them again before the day is over. There's one mess after another, someones screaming, and I feel like I'm stuck in the freaking Twilight Zone! Groundhogs day does not even begin to explain it.

A stay at home mom's job is not easy. It's very rewarding in the sense that I see everything first hand, I don't miss a thing, and when all hells not breaking loose, I love it. But damn lately it just seems like it's the same day over and over and the only difference is that the messes are getting bigger, my kids are getting lazier, and my fuse is getting shorter and shorter.

I feel lost, like I no longer know who I am aside from the food fetcher and the maid. I'm struggling to find my way through this crazy life as a parent. Do any of you have days or what seems like weeks/months that just bring you to this point. How do you bounce back from the horrid Groundhogs Day?

Well I can tell ya I'm ready to crack open a bottle of tequila, cut my hair off and go brown, get a new tattoo, and overhaul my wardrobe. I want to go ape shit crazy for a day or two and figure out what the hell I'm going to do when Nate goes to school. Cause I'm seriously thinking I'm bustin out of this stay at home gig and figuring out just who the hell I have become. But in the mean time I'll keep on truckin because if I'm not handing out snacks to hungry rugrats all hell's breaking loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment