Thursday, October 25, 2012

She dropped a bomb on me


Standing at the bus stop this afternoon
Bella: Mom a boy kissed me on the bus yesterday.
Me:  What did you just say?
Bella: Yeah mom a boy kissed me yesterday, and I don’t even know why he did it.
Me: Bella kissing on the bus is not ok, as I’m picking my jaw up off the ground.
Bella: Yeah I know mom, I told the bus driver. (As the bus is pulling up)
Me: Have a good day but no kissing on the bus or at school, that’s not ok.
Bella: rolling her eyes, I know mom!

Ok really that did make me happy that she told the bus driver and I know my kid is only in kindergarten but shit, kissing already. She’s come home a few days telling me about boys that she “Totally” likes.  OK it really does kind of crack me up, but really? Already boys and totally liking them? I’m not ready for this, not yet, and why am I just hearing about it. I ask everyday how was school, what happened, who did you play with, what letter are you working on today. The questions go on and on, I have to poke and prod her to tell me anything about school and then bam right before the bus pulls up drop a bomb on me. NO Bueno! 

When I picked her up today we go over all the questions and I ask her if the “boy” tried to kiss her again. She says no but I still don’t know why he kissed me. Well I can’t answer that one because I thought at this age they’re not supposed to like each other. Boys are supposed to be gross with cooties and girls are not supposed to like boys until they’re 27.  I go over again telling her that kissing is not ok on the bus or at school, it’s against the rules and you can get in trouble. She tells me I know mom but he kissed me on the bus, and he kissed me I didn’t kiss back. UGH again how do you even know about kissing back. I’m ready to lock her away and keep her safe and sound.
Daddy hasn't even heard the story yet. I didn't want to drop that one on him while he was at work. Might just want to save that one for after dinner conversation.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment