Monday, August 6, 2012

Just one of those days

Now let’s get real for a moment. We all have those days when our kids are driving us just plain crazy and you’re being pushed to the edge. How do you get through your day when it seems like everything is falling apart? Now that’s a magical question and if you had a perfect answer I would have already read your book.
I’ve had days that I’ve hid in my room and just let the water works fall and yea it helps for a minute to let the emotion go but crying in hiding is not solving the problem. Some days you just have to say to hell with it, it’s not going to be a good day so let’s just get through it and start over tomorrow. I’ve had days where my kids are screaming and fighting with eachother punching and hitting. The crying and screaming is more than I can take, what do I do? I throw my kids in the car buckled into boosters and car seats and make an adventure. A car ride to nowhere with no point sometimes has turned some of the worst days into, well, not the best days but bearable days.
Sometimes you just have to think outside of the box to find a solution. So what your dishes have to wait, they're still going to be there when you're done. My mother in law once told me that sometimes you have to put things on the back burner and focus on what is in front of you. Housework is never ending and if you can't get to it there's nothing wrong with waiting until you can. Find a park, take a drive, or just fly by the seat of your pants. Getting out of the house and a change of scenery can work wonders for some.

No comments:

Post a Comment