Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Our New Addition


Over the weekend my husband and I made a very impromptu decision and we are now the proud owners of a wee little Chihuahua. She’s tiny and sweet and exactly what I wanted.  However two days into being a family with a puppy I’m now asking myself what the hell did we do? I want the puppy don’t get me wrong, it’s just the adjustment process.  I feel like I have a new born all over again without an instruction manual. Thank goodness we have the internet and Google. Seriously I had to Google how to tell a boy from a girl!

My kids are as happy as a pig in shit and want to carry the little thing all over the place. This is freaking me out. I’m on triple duty now. Where’s my son? What’s Bella doing? And oh yea the dog, we have a dog. At any given moment I will find my son trying his hardest to play with the dog only to see that he is choking her or carrying her upside down.  It’s been a very long time since I had a dog let alone a puppy this small and I think it’s only natural that I want to protect her. But I also have to let the kids and the puppy come to terms with each other, what they can do and what they can’t do.  Where the boundaries are and what having a puppy means. Shit I need to come to terms with all of this myself.

The first time my husband looked at me and said it’s your dog you clean it, I was like oh hell no he didn’t just say that.  I bucked up and cleaned what needed to be done, because fact of the matter is that it’s my dog. I asked for it. I have to remind myself and keep reminding the kids that this is a puppy not a baby we don’t need to carry her like a baby or treat her like one. I’ve had a hard enough time raising my two kids so the last thing I need to do is convince my little puppy that she is human.

So this post was a little different than our normal posts but I felt the need to introduce you to the new addition of our family.  I’m sure you’ll be hearing more about her the near future. You already know I have a hard enough time taking a shower with my two kids, now add a puppy to that.  Oh yea I’m sure you’ll be hearing lots more about her.
She still doens't have a name. We're in the process of naming her. She was a Pedro but that was short lived after it was brought to my attention he was a she. For now though, I'm calling her
ChickieBoomBoom

3 comments:

  1. Well it has been decided. My little ChickieBoomBoom is now Molly. She chose it herself this morning after I called her Molly out of the blue. It was the first name we've called her that she perked right up and looked happy. So if she's happy then we're happy with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my cat can beat up your dog. will the little princess get any bigger... Really, Molly.. I though she was of the Spanish culture... I like chickieboomboom... aka CBB for short.. Aloha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no it's Molly Chickieboomboom Sophia Pedro Bonnie Sunshine. She's got a few names.

      Delete