Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Does it ever stop!

So my son is 7 years old he weighs about 52lbs. on a “fat day"! He is about 4 foot 3 inches tall. By no means is my son fat he is super tall and super skinny. But don’t let his skinny ass fool you he can eat with the best of them. I swear this kid eats more than me on any given day!
Just the other day he stayed the night at my best friend’s house. I picked him up around 4:30 and when we got home he ate; 2 large pickles, a bowl of grapes, and a whole can of chicken and stars. That was all in about an hour and a half. Well dinner time rolled around at about 7 and I figured he was full since he had eaten so much already. I didn’t set him a plate out or a fork out. Little did I know he was still hungry. He then proceeds to eats about 3-4 ounces of steak and 2 large helpings of mashed potatoes.
Dinner is done and by now he should be completely full, right? Nope, not my kid. At about 8:30 he asks for a snack before bed. He does his normal foraging through the cabinets and frig to see what he can find. He spots the ice cream sandwiches. I figure he’s already eaten a ton, finished his second dinner sure go ahead and have one. I go into my room to get my PJ’s on and brush my teeth. I come back out to find Landon still has a full ice cream sandwich. That little booger inhaled one and managed to grab another one all while I was getting ready for bed. I ask myself “Does this ever end?” I then call my girlfriend jokingly to ask did you feed my kid at all while he was with you only to have her riddle off a whole refrigerator worth of food.
Needless to say I am glad that my son has a very high metabolism and that he is very active boy otherwise we might just have a problem. He does not eat like this every day but there are those days that it just doesn’t seem to stop.
I know I’m not alone and that my son isn’t the only kid out there that can eat like this. Do you have a kiddo who can eat like mine? How do manage to keep your kids full without breaking the bank?

No comments:

Post a Comment