Saturday, August 25, 2012

Tell me that's not what I think it is.

We would like to give a big SHOUT OUT and THANK YOU to our new guest blogger today, Joy. It takes a lot to share some of those Ugly Truth moments and we love you for it!


This one day my best friend and I went out to eat for lunch at Chipotle with my then 3 year old son Shawn.  We had no sooner sat down to eat our food when Shawn said that he needed to use the potty. This is something he did often…it seemed as if he would wait until I just sat down to eat to let me know he needed to go potty and you know there is nothing like wiping your child’s butt just before you eat!  I took him to the restroom and sat him down; he sat there for a moment and then said he was all done. I looked in the toilet and saw nothing there, so I told him to go potty. He again repeated that he was all done. We continued back and forth like this a few more times before I got him dressed and we headed back to the table.  I became engrossed in conversation with my bestie and was enjoying my food when I noticed out of the corner of my eye that Shawn wasn’t eating and was fidgeting and playing a lot. I asked him to please stop playing around and to start eating his lunch. He continued to fidget and at one point I noticed he had his hands up the leg of his pants.  He pulled his hand out of his pant leg, looked at it with a puzzled look on his face, and then proceeded to wipe his finger across his burrito. WTH….I glanced at his burrito that now had a blob of brown on it and then glanced at my best friend with a look like “ oh hell no please tell me that’s not what I think it is” Yep, IT WAS POOP! As we were both gagging, I quickly scooped Shawn up and headed back toward the bathroom. I was holding him out in front of me as to not get any of it on myself.  Just a few steps before that bathroom right in front of a table, more of the poo fell out of his pant leg and onto the floor. I was horrified and so were the people sitting at the table. I quickly changed directions and bolted for the car where I have to admit I sat and cried for a moment. I was soooo embarrassed. Shawn is 12 now and I love to embarrass him with that story whenever I get a chance!

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree this is one of my favorite memories I got to share with Joy and Shawno! Love this story!
    -Billie

    ReplyDelete