Wednesday, August 8, 2012

First day of school part 2

 Wake Up It's The First Day Of School!

We had the scare the day before school started with the chicken pox and I am glad that’s not what it was! Well the night before we have to start the routine; dinner, shower, snack, brush your teeth, and get in bed all before 8:30 pm and its still daylight here in Arizona at that time.

So we all get to bed early.  When I woke up Landon was already awake at 6:15am and watching TV in my room. I half awake ask him if he is ready for his first day of school to start. He then tells me that he has a fever. It’s the first day of school and he is already pulling the I’m sick card? Ugh. I tell him calmly that it’s the first day of school he doesn’t have a fever and he is going to school. He then say “oh mom I have a toothache.” I just ignore him this time because I know he is just making stuff up to stay home. I finally decide to get up and do my morning things before getting his stuff packed up for the day. I go out back to check the pool since we had had a storm during the night. Landon follows me out back and says “Oh mom, I think I am going to puke!”  He then pretends to puke like 20 times.  I just shook my head and told him again, “Landon you’re going to school today.”
We came back in and I packed his lunch and then got all his new school supplies out and then he was excited to go back to school when he seen all the cool stuff I had gotten crayons, markers, erasers, etc. So then he gets on his new clothes, new shoes, and belt and he is ready to go.
Now it’s time to decide what to have for breakfast so early in the morning. Landon says he doesn’t want anything and I argue with him to eat something because it’s going to be a while till lunch. I said you can have fruit, cereal, anything as long as it is not junk. He says ok I will have a pickle.
Really a pickle? Yep a pickle!
Is my kid the only kid that eats crazy stuff like pickles for breakfast?
MMMM.....Which one looks good to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment