Sunday, September 2, 2012

A little fresh air

Last night my husband and I were sitting out on our patio trying to have an adult conversation without being interrupted my one of our wonderful children. I look over towards the sliding glass door to see my son running out the door and he's jumping around. I ask my little man, are you ok? Yep, I’ve got to go pee he responds. I quickly tell him if you've got to go then go.
He marches right over the edge of the concrete, drops his pants and pees in the dirt. I look at my husband and back to my son who then proceeds to shake his head and then does a full body shake. I don't know whether to scold him for peeing outside or congratulate him on successfully not peeing in his pants. He turns in our direction looks at us and says so proudly “Look I did it like daddy!”
Now I don’t want my son peeing in the front yard by any means and I really don’t like the idea of him just dropping his pants to pee at any given time. But hey we all do what we have to do. If allowing my son once in a while to do his business outside saves me from cleaning pee off my floor, by all means go out back. My sons not the first and he won’t be the last. So the next time you see a little guy at the park peeing on a tree or peeing in a parking lot let’s give his momma a shout out, potty training is not an easy task!

No comments:

Post a Comment