Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I've Had Enough!


Let’s be real today! There are something’s as parents we do not like to think about or even accept. Since Landon was in the first grade I have been extremely worried that he may have a learning disability. While he does exceed in math, science, and technology, he suffers in reading and language arts. So this year as a concerned parent before school started I went down to the school and spoke to the receptionist and told her about my issues and what was going on with my son and my concerns. She told me I should stay on top of it and let his teacher know from day one what my concerns were and what I wanted from her as a teacher this year. So as directed by the great receptionist on meet the teacher night I explained to her my issues with my son and told her that I was concerned he may have a slight learning disability or maybe even suffer from dyslexia. She said she would stay on top of it and let me know if he started struggling.

On the first day of school when I dropped Landon off, I again stressed my concerns with his teacher.   I told her to please contact me at the first sign of him having any trouble in class. She said she would and we left it at that.

I have been in contact with his teacher on a weekly basis whether it was through email to check up on him or running in to get Landon’s binder. I have asked how he has been doing and all she has told me is that he is really trying in class and doing great!

Well like most schools now, Landon’s school emails me his grades on a weekly basis. This past Friday was the first day I have receive grades in my email from his school. I was excited to check them out. I just knew my little love bug was doing great in school. His teacher has told me many times…..

I click that email open on my phone and much to my surprise this is what I see…

Math                 80.7% B-

Language Arts 25.0% F

Reading           66.7% D

I almost died. How does a 2nd grader get a D or an F? Really this is ridiculous! So come Tuesday morning, since it’s a holiday, this momma is going to the school and is going to flip shit! I’m done trying to go about this the nice way. I want some answers!

Do you have a child that struggles in school?  Tell me what you have done to help them, I feel like I’m running out of ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment