Saturday, September 22, 2012

My Momma's Meal


30 minute or less meal idea
Doritos Taco Salad
Do you love the new Doritos Tacos from Taco Bell? Well Have I got a recipe for you! My mom made this for us growing up and we loved it. I have now started to make it for my family and they too love it. It’s easy peasy.
Things you will need:
1 lb of hamburger
1 package of taco seasoning
1-2 bags of nacho flavored Doritos
Shredded lettuce
1-2 tomatoes
1 bag of shredded cheese
Sour cream
Salsa
Guacamole if you like it!
Cook the hamburger and then mix in the seasoning. While the hamburger is cook prepare the veggies. Cut the tomatoes and I usually but a head of lettuce cause its way cheaper than the bagged shredded lettuce, shred the lettuce. Buy this point your hamburger should be done cooking mix the taco seasoning in as directed and let simmer.
You can either mix this in a small bowl or a large bowl. I like to do individual size bowls so everyone can add what they like.
I start with the bed of lettuce, next add meat, then cheese, next sour cream and guacamole, then the Doritos and finish it off with a little salsa.
Now you have one of my mom’s old recipes of Doritos taco salad! If you try it out let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment